Monday, November 3, 2008

A refreshing therapy of a blog post by Kislay Chandra

It is rare that I come across a 'heartfelt' and 'confessional' post by an Indian blogger. Most Indian blogs that I follow are written in a formal, jornalist-like style.

This post (the linked one, not mine :-)) is probably the best I have read since the beginning of the year. The blogger - Kislay Chandra - has dug deep within him and released his demons - fear, anger and a battle with sanity. It is almost therapeutic to read the post and realize that there is someone else out there who feels the same way as I do.

Here is an excerpt and please do read the entire thing as well.
When I am so bogged down by the bloody mess that we live in, I often think of the easiest way out. Quite obviously, things wouldn’t get fixed over the period of a 3 hour sorry ass Indian movie, with people from all over India singing “Saare jahan se accha” or the national anthem, arms linked together and all. I am not suicidal or even close to suicidal but there are times when I wish I would get knocked down by a speeding bus. Or get blown to bits in the next bomb blast, assuming another one takes place. At times, it is all I think, how wonderful it will be to disappear from the face of this earth and never ever come back (temporarily though, because I am a believer of the Hindu theory of the cycle of birth and death). Am I unhinged to think like this? I guess a short trip to the loony bin wouldn’t hurt that much.:) At least, I would be in the company of certified lunatics, who have the failed, the “test-of-sanity” of this whacky world.
Thanks a lot to Kislay. Keep up the good work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!